Premier League standings: Who has a better chance of winning the EPL title 2023/2024?


The winner of the 2024 Premier League title will be decided over 38 rounds of matches from August 11 to May 19. Manchester City and Arsenal are the main contenders for the award one week before the end of the season.

Opta stats report that Arsenal currently have a 41.3% chance of winning the Premier League title, with Manchester City being the leaders with a higher probability of 58.7%. These numbers indicate that Arsenal are considered strong contenders, but City still have the advantage in terms of probability of winning the league.

Arsenal and Manchester City both won their matches, sitting just one point apart as they head into the final week of the 2023-24 season. City dominated Fulham with a 4-0 victory, extending its winning streak to seven matches. Arsenal faced City's rivals, United, and needed a win to prevent City from securing the title with just one win from their last two games.

Premier League schedule for the 2023/2024 season

Who will win the 2024 Premier League title?

Arsenal (1st place, 86 points): Arsenal, who are currently top of the Premier League, have shown impressive form in 2024, suffering just one defeat in Premier League matches since the start of the year.


Arsenal's goal celebration: Image courtesy of Getty Images

The Gunners have the best defensive record in the league, conceding only 28 goals. Despite not being at their peak on Sunday, Arsenal secured a crucial 1-0 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford, ensuring the title race will be close to the end.

Arsenal has the advantage over Manchester City in direct confrontations, after winning at home and drawing away from home. In addition, they maintain a superior goal difference at present. However, Arsenal's fate is not in their control. They are scheduled to face Everton on Sunday, but they will need help from Tottenham or West Ham to win the title for the first time since 2004.

Manchester City (second place, 85 points): As previously reported by Pulse Sport, Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has admitted that the team's Premier League title hopes will be dashed if they drop points against Tottenham Hotspur on Tuesday.

Manchester City celebrates its goal

Manchester City goal celebration: Image courtesy of Getty Images

In its quest to achieve an unprecedented fourth consecutive English Premier League title, Manchester City trails leaders Arsenal by one point but has a decisive advantage in matches.

A victory over Tottenham would pave the way for Guardiola's team to regain the championship by winning at home against West Ham on the final day of the season on Sunday. Manchester City's recent form shows an impressive record as they have scored 28 goals in their previous seven Premier League matches, while conceding just five times.

Does Arsenal have a chance to win the English Premier League?

Arsenal's hopes of winning the English Premier League:

Arsenal's hopes of winning the Premier League title: Image courtesy of Getty Images

According to Opta's analysis, Arsenal's current probability of winning the Premier League title is 41.3%, with Manchester City maintaining their position as favorites at 58.7%.

Before Sunday's game, Arsenal had a probability of just 23.6%, which was further highlighted by City's 4-0 win over Fulham, underscoring the importance of Arsenal's win over United.

Looking ahead, Arsenal will host Everton on the final day of the season, while City will take on West Ham, with both matches scheduled for Sunday, May 19 at 4pm Western Australian time.

However, there is a note of caution for any team who trails in the final round of fixtures – no Premier League team has ever started a final day in second place and gone on to win the title. This leaves Arsenal in the strange position of supporting arch rivals Tottenham when they face the defending champions on Tuesday.

In the words of Arsenal striker Kai Havertz: “I'll be the ultimate Tottenham fan! Let's hope for the best.” according to Fabrizio on X

Here is the tweet:

Top scorer in the English Premier League 2023/2024

The top scorers in the Premier League for the 2023-24 season are Erling Haaland and Cole Palmer, who are competing for the Golden Boot award.



Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *