Xavi Hernandez agents have been told he won’t continue at Barcelona next season



Barcelona appear set to release Xavi Hernandez this summer, as they enter the process of identifying his replacement. He confirmed so far that he has not heard anything about his future from President Joan Laporta or the club.

Recent reports claim that sporting director Deco and his assistant Bojan Krkic have traveled to London to meet Hansi Flick, one of the main candidates to replace Xavi alongside Rafael Marquez.

Xavi told the press on Sunday that he is not aware of any changes in Barcelona's plans for next season, and that he will meet with the Sports Committee next week after the end of the season. However, Bar Canalites reports that Xavi's agents were told in writing last Thursday at around 18:30 CET that Xavi would not continue next season.

All reports surrounding the matter were that Xavi would be sacked next week, and it certainly appears that Laporta has had a change of heart in the last few weeks. The main concern should be that sacking Xavi and his team would cost Barcelona between €12m and €20m depending on reports, a blow they cannot afford, considering the cost of a new coach and new staff as well.





Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NK NK NK NK