Barcelona President Joan Laporta’s amusing but cutting response to Xavi Hernandez after 3-0 win



FC Barcelona president Joan Laporta will not attend a TV3 interview scheduled for Tuesday evening due to a cold, which also prevented him from speaking after FC Barcelona's Femini won the Copa del Rey on Saturday, but the cold is not the only thing making Laporta uncomfortable currently. .

Laporta has reportedly become increasingly frustrated with Xavi Hernandez's rhetoric in recent weeks, with the club waiting on tenterhooks to find out whether the latter will be sacked. Multiple reports say that is his intention next week.

Despite a 3-0 win over Rayo Vallecano on Sunday, Laporta left the field as annoyed or more upset than he had been in previous days. He met Xavi for five minutes on Sunday after the match to congratulate him on the victory, as is customary, according to Cadena Ser newspaper. Xavi expressed his delight at their second-place finish and their place in next season's Spanish Super Cup, which was met with a blunt response from Laporta – “Let's see, if we celebrate second place in La Liga.”

Laporta has been told on numerous occasions that during the first months of his second term, he told Barcelona members that “a loss will have consequences”, after a season in which the Blaugrana would be unable to achieve any title. Whichever approach he takes now will look bad in the eyes of the public, just weeks after he publicly put his trust in Xavi.





Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWSWEB NEWSWEB NEWSWEB NEWSWEB NEWSWEB NEWSWEB NEWSWEB