Andretti reveal what Nato must do for contract extension


Andretti team principal Roger Griffiths has confirmed that Norman Nato has been given a “timetable” to turn around his performances if he is to be offered a new contract for Season 11.

Nato joined Andretti from Nissan on a one-year contract ahead of the 10th season to replace André Lotterer, who retired from single-seater racing.

Speed ​​has never been an issue for NATO, although it has struggled to match a consistent series of results.

The Frenchman has scored just 24 points in the first eight races of the season, despite being in one of the strongest cars on the grid. This is a problem for Andretti, as world champion Jake Dennis remains unmanned once again.

Contract talks have begun at the paddock, with Andretti wanting more from NATO before the team decides whether or not to keep the 31-year-old.

With Formula 2 drivers Zane Maloney and Jack Crawford testing for the US team on Monday, Racing News 365 Griffiths asked if it was like a job interview for the pair.

“Yes, I mean we always look at how the drivers are performing,” Griffiths said. “We haven't made any decisions regarding Season 11 regarding the driver line-up, other than having Jake in the car.

“We've given Norman a timetable, and he understands that. He's a professional, he knows what he has to do. We don't tell him you have to score a certain number of points at a certain point. I don't do that.” I don't want to put any more pressure on him than he already puts on you.

“I think if we do that, we will actually go backwards. So we will let him do the talking on the track. We know this guy and what he has given us off the track is more than acceptable.

“It's just, can you turn it around on the racetrack? He's been there or there almost. And there have been circumstances where he's taken himself out of races, and then there's been circumstances where other people have taken him out of races.”

“A bit early” for talks

While the pressure appears to be on NATO to improve immediately, the Frenchman does not see the need to rush the contract talks.

He has outlined the upcoming dual race in Shanghai that follows the Berlin E-Prix this weekend as where the discussion of the future will begin.

“It's still really early, just like I got the seat last year, really late,” NATO said. Racing News 365. “Same for some other people.

“In the end, everything in Formula E goes so fast, so it's crazy to say that things are already over in eight races. So no one wants to rush, we have time, and it's not like you have to decide now.”

“I would say that maybe after Shanghai, I think it will be a window where everyone sits down and decides everything. It's still a bit early now.”



Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel Nerekel